5 things we love about 159 Royal Birkdale Crescent NW (& we’re sure you will too):
1. LOCATION IN THE COMMUNITY: Royal Birkdale is a small enclave located in central Royal Oak. You're a short walk to both schools & the ravine along with parks/playgrounds & Royal Oak Estates Shopping Centre; home to local favorite Il Forno Fusion & 12 other restaurants/services including daycare & liquor store. The Tuscany LRT station & Shane Homes YMCA are also close-by (25 minute walk).
2. ROOM TO LIVE + ROOM TO GROW: With 6 beds, 3.5 baths, main floor office, formal living room, relaxing main floor family room & developed basement this is a full-size home! The spacious & refined main floor features a comfortable formal front living + dining room with double height ceilings & extra windows while leading into a classic-style great room. The kitchen is perfectly equipped with white cabinets, quartz counters, breakfast bar, subway tile backsplash & ample work/storage space including corner pantry while opening up onto a nicely proportioned dining nook. The family room easily accommodates your furnishings & is accented by central gas fireplace. Upstairs find 4 well-proportioned bedrooms & a large laundry room. The king-sized primary bed is wonderfully appointed with 5-piece ensuite including XL corner tub & large walk-in closet. The developed basement is ideally setup for multi-generational living or student refuge with 2 beds, 4-piece bath, rec room with wet bar & a ton of storage space.
3. THOSE CEILINGS: This is your welcome home moment: dramatic, double height ceilings & an upper floor mezzanine create a sense of grandeur & airiness typically reserved for homes found in the inner city.
4. MORE THAN YOU EXPECT: This home has been smartly & beautifully updated over the years by Q2 Developments. Upgrades include: Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring thought the entire main floor (with no transitions), a refreshed kitchen & main floor powder room + invisible speakers in the great room. A not-so-typical basement development includes spray foam insulation in the walls & dricore subfloor along with hardwood floors, built-in speakers & two large storage rooms + the utility room. Other updates/upgrades include central vacuum, hot water on demand system, roof shingles (2022), furnace (2020), hot water tank (2017) & upgraded spray foam insulation in the attic.
5. A CONVENIENT + FAMILY ORIENTED NEIGHBOURHOOD: Royal Oak is the epitome of Northwest Calgary living with homes to fit every family, lifestyle & budget. Residents enjoy many green spaces, parks, playgrounds, a community garden, pathway system and community skating rink & walking distance to schools; Royal Oak School (K-4) + William D Pratt (5-9). Along with enjoying the multitude of shopping, restaurants and services along Country Hills Blvd and the amazing Shane Homes YMCA (the 2nd largest YMCA in North America). Commuting is a breeze with easy access to Crowchild & Stoney Trails + the Tuscany LRT station.